- 0.25 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 0.5 tablespoon good quality fish sauce
- 0.5 cup palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 piece of Thai chilies or jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 cup baby cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
- 1.5 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 cups shredded green papaya
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
First, making Thai green papaya salad dressing by dissolved 0.5 cups of palm sugar with about 4 tablespoons of hot water. You will need 2 tablespoons for making the dressing. Then Store the extra in a refrigerator for next use.
Secondly, making the dressing by combined together 2 tablespoons palm sugar, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate, and 0.5 tablespoons fish sauce.
- Using wooden mortar to pound together garlic and Thai chilies until well crushed and small pieces consistency. But do not mash into a paste.
- Next, add dried shrimps and pound to crushed. Then along in the green beans and peanuts.
- After that, pour in the dressing then mixed well.
- Lastly, add shredded green papaya and cherry tomatoes. Pound the ingredients together until well combined.
- Adjust flavor to taste; therefore, more lime juice, palm sugar, or fish sauce might be necessary.
Thai green papaya salad best serves with Thai grilled chicken (Gai Yang) and sticky rice. Moreover, you can add cooked shrimps, seafood, or other cooked protein either on top or as a side. Make it unique and varieties are limitless. Bon Appetit!!!