- 1.5 cups Coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1.25 cups Chicken stock
- 1 lb Chicken thigh, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 4 pieces Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup canned Bamboo shoots
- 1 cup Thai basil
- 0.25 cups Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- The first step is to reduce 0.75 cups of coconut milk until thick. At this point, you should witness the separation of coconut oil from the coconut milk.
- Then stir in curry paste and sauté over medium heat for about a minute or two until fragrance. You can add more of the coconut milk if needed.
- Adding chicken thigh and to mix with the mixture. Then stir to combined.
- Throw in kaffir lime, pour in chicken stock and the remaining coconut milk. Season with palm sugar and fish sauce. Let simmer gently for 15 minutes. It is important to use low heat and place a lid on the pot to help the curry not to reduce too fast.
- Add bamboo shoots and bell pepper, then bring to a boil. Then, remove from heat.
- Taste if more fish sauce or sugar as needed. Season to your liking then garnish with Thai basil leaves and springs.
- Recommending to eat with steamed jasmine rice.
Thai Green Curry Chicken or called Gang Kiew Wan Gai is a popular Thai dish. Completing in the league of Tom Yum Goong. A good quality curry and coconut milk are the keys to achieve awesome green curry. I highly recommended these brand of Mae Ploy curry paste and Chao Koh coconut milk. Furthermore, this curry has a wonderful flavor and super easy to make. Therefore, you should have no excuse to not cooking it at home today! Bon Appetit!